Who Are You When I'm Not Looking

Assalamualaikum.

The title has no direct relation with the entry. Well, it do relate on something. But anyway, it is just a title of a song (which you don't have to listen to) by the very popular American country singer, Blake Shelton. Wait, what? Who is that man? Okay, he is not popular enough I suppose. But that doesn't matter.

Okay, what am I going to say now?
Well, basically I just want to reverse the title

'Who Am I When You're Not Looking'

Who are 'you'?
Doesn't matter, they could be you, you, or just you.

What I'm trying to say here.

At the outside, when we play together, talking to each other, study together, pray together, have fun together, you see myself physically. You see me as how I want to be seen. My appearance, my attitude, what I'm listening to, who I'm talking to, my personality, my way of discussing, maybe polite, I might humble, in front of you, I always say good things, listen to good things, like post-cast, or any talk by any speaker, Ustaz Nouman, Sheikh Yahya, Ustaz Riduan, Ustaz Nazmi Karim, Muft Menk, etc.  
What kind of things that I posted on my Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, how I elaborate the way I'm thinking in blog, or Facebook, or anywhere I can.

She is who I am when you are looking.

But, the real matter is who am I? Who am I when I'm alone in my room?
What kind of things that I listened to? What kind of books that I read? What kind of things that I watch? What am I doing when I'm all alone in my room?

You know?
How about you there, you know?
And you?

No, you don't know.
Yes, I can do everything I want in my own room. When nobody is looking. Where there is no even single CCTV.
Or let say, a private account of Instagram or Twitter, which we can filter who can see the pictures we posted, or reading what we tweet about anything, there we put everything. Inside out, as you don't know who am I anymore.

In case one, I think like no one ever care of what I am doing.
I wont go to the point which you readers expect to read from my writings, YET.
First, don't I feel like I just being hypocrite? I am not who people think I am. I am not doing what I said. I don't listen to my own preach. It is like the outside world is totally different or 'terpisah' from the inside world. I just showing off my kindness, my sweet words or anything that you see everything is good about me.

In case two, private account. First, I turn crazy in my Instagram or Twitter. I said, all of my followers are the people whom I know, or all of my followers are girls. But do I know their heart? Will I expect something bad is coming.

My only point is who are we in private?

We, sometimes forget that Allah watching us, never leave us alone. We forget that every single thing we do, in every second, Allah knows. How we feel, what we said, what we are doing, Allah knows. Allah listen to the lowest voice we say.

Don't we feel ashamed of ourselves, when people outside think that we are lovely and very much a good slave of Allah, but we actually just pretending?

My post here is not asking you to stop hypocrite and just reveal the real you.
But it is a reminder, for me and for you.
That, keep pretending (if that we are doing all of this time) but at the same time, improve, improve yourself, until at one point, you are not pretending anymore. You are who people see who you are. Outside and inside. The same. Listen to the same things, watching same things, reading same things, doing good deeds anywhere and 'any-when'. No different.

Because Allah knows, Allah sees, Allah listens. Allah can do everything and anything that we, human can't do, we human don't realise (in case you forget that important fact)

You see we all have a path to choose 
Through the valleys and hills we go 
With the ups and the downs, never fret never frown 
Allah knows 


Who Am I When You're Not Looking?
Is The Same Person As When You Are Looking, is the answer you want to give, and someone you want to be.

If you actually like that, keep continue with that good attitude.

Let strive for Allah's blessings and forgiveness.

Wallahu'alam.

Seeru 'ala barakatillah.

Comments