Of 'Breath of the Wild', One Piece and Running Away

While typing this, I'm just finished reading this one amazing book by Ustaz Mizi Wahid, 'The Art of Letting God'.

I have this book in my possession for quite sometimes, and I placed it neatly next to my bed, on the lamp table. I can even see the letters glowing when it was dark and my room is just lit by my sleep lamp. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to read it as maybe I'm waiting for the right moment when the words would be more impactful to my current state.

Thus I read and amazingly fall in love with every single pages.
Then I read and reach Chapter 10, 'Trust in His Perfect Timing'. While reading this chapter, I love this one paragraph;
"You see, there is a blessing in every delay. The reason as to why some prayers may not have been granted yet, could be due to the wrong assumption of what we think is good for ourselves during each stage of our lives. And our assumptions are generally flawed."

I remember about some concern regarding of running away in this life, and it brings me back to my current playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch, and one of my current watch and read, One Piece.

I've started this game BotW for quite a while already. And I take real slow to actually play it. The aim of this game is to defeat Ganon. At the moment, Princess Zelda is sealing Ganon's power to make more disaster to Hyrule. The knight, Link is the one who was once defeated and saved by Zelda, put into sleep for 100 years before he was awakened again.

The story itself start off with run away first to get stronger. They wait for another 100 years to actually bring peace to Hyrule. And along the game to actually meet Ganon, Link has to prepare himself first. There are many shrine quests, side quests and gem or weapon farming as well. There would be lots of difficult enemies such as the Guardians (the land ones, on water puddles ones, the flying ones) as well as the Lynel, not forgetting Stalnox and Hinox, also Talus (perfect gem farming here) and before Ganon you also need to reclaim the Divine Beasts (four of them).

You know that they are crazy difficult to defeat in the beginning when you don't have much skills and weapons yet, plus if you don't have many hearts (lives) with you. You know what I did in the beginning? I saw them, locate them and avoid them. Look back at the map, what are the alternatives pathway that I can use to reach shrine. At the same time, I collect Korok seeds so that I can expand my weapon and shield stash, and looking for more food ingredients to cool so can increase my hearts when it go low while fighting. I also do lots of side quests and gradually I am becoming more skilful and actually literally found an easy way to kill guardians and collect the ancient items to upgrade my weapon. I can even face Lynel (although still some difficulties), with easy to blow off Hinox and defeating Talus (thus my gem farming!).

It all started with running away when I know I am not well prepared. It takes time though, that when I'm sure I can handle them, then I did. The nightmare Yiga clan hideout is also cleared.

And this brought me back to One Piece, the genius anime ever created. Luffy and the rest of Straw Hat Crews was defeated by Kuma before they enter the New World. You know, the truth is, they weren't prepared for the New World. They might be strong in East Blue, but they are not strong enough. They were sent to various places. Even Zoro was sent to Hawkeye Mihawk place, he who once easily defeated Zoro. They promise to meet back each other after 3 days. However, Luffy's sworn brother, Ace was caught by Blackbeard and was sent to Impel Down, prepared to get his death sentences. Luffy broke down into Impel Down and actually meet new future nakama, Jinbe. But the event turns that Ace died in the hand of Akainu, who later become the Fleet Admiral of the Marines. You know then Luffy in some sort of secret massage by using newspaper, worldwide-ly telling his friend, 3D(with a cross on top of it) 2Y. Which actually means, 'forget 3 days, we are going to meet in another 2 years, get ourselves stronger'.
That is what actually happened. They remain silent for 2 years, developing their Haki and actually even able to halfway defeating Big Mom Pirates (one of the Yonkos) that brought up Luffy's bounty to 1.5bil, and now they are facing Kaido.

You see, they run away from trouble, but that does not mean they do nothing really. They brush up their skills, getting stronger and wiser, and train so hard so that they won't ever be defeated again, in their way to Raftel, where the One Piece is located as how was mentioned by Gol D. Roger (the Pirate King).

So, when I see the issue of how good a person is in running away, I have divided feelings on the matter, but to speak the truth, my most honesty say it's okay, as long as you know that you have to face them someday.

And while running away, you should use the time to prepare your heart, to make more and more doa to Him, the Merciful. You get yourself stronger, you start to draw your map, your pathway, or even if you still lost, you start to at least prepare weapons and shield in case you get attacked while roaming around, because I believe with all these preparation, insyaAllah you will might accidentally found your way. Allah already has His perfect timings for everything. Maybe He put you in lost first so you can work hard with your effort and bow to Him in prostration, and maybe your pathway would be a thorny one so He preparing you to be much more ready once the reality hits, when you already found your way home.

It is understandable really if you lost your way, after despair. You know, you are deeply hoping for something that ended up go against you will, you lost your rational mind, and you start roaming around without any destination, without any guidance. But you know, once in a while, you should take a break, making sure the place (or situation) is safe, sit down in that middle of nowhere, and look at your surroundings. What are around you? Who are around you? And at night, start up a firecamp, hoping its not raining, and looking at the stars, where the constellations going to bring you? They are stunningly beautiful, but they also act as guidance. How much a wonder that Allah has created for us. If it is raining, it is okay, find somewhere to shelter yourself and use the time to look back what have you encountered in your journey without destination.

It is okay, give time to yourself.

This remind me of my first read of the year, one amazing book by Yasmin Mogahed, 'I Lost My Way: Finding Happiness after Despair'.
This one chapter called Ways of Thinking. This chapter moved me as it criticise on my way on viewing things. In this chapter, it teach us while we are in despair, there are few ways of thinking about it. to think about Allah. Either untuk bersangka baik with Allah or actually think that this is punishment.
"I am having this challenge because Allah is strengthening me, because Allah is protecting me from maybe something else" this is how Ustazah Yasmin Mogahed put it.

Upon reading this chapter, I have been enormously aided and healed by someone I now considered so special to me. This particular person has been helping me to go through the hardest of time with most warm yet the strongest and kindest support.

It wasn't the best thing you can do, running away is, but at certain time, running away is a perfect choice not because you are not strong enough to deal with it. It's okay, but make sure you came back.

You know, this is how ones taking mental break. Run away first from all the disastrous things that happen in your life, get into your comfort zone, and come back in better mood to deal with it. Or better yet, run away and prepare your brokenly tormented soul to be ready to come back.

If death come first, then it is of Allah's will.

If everything, start with Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.








Comments