Mind

At this point, I am still reading my second book of Murakami Haruki, 'Kafka on the Shore' as it reminds me of Franz Kafka, whom for me have quite complicated writings and storyline, but I was kind of attracted to his writings.

My first attempt on Murakami was huge failure. I remember it is so difficult to read that book. Once I finished, I physically threw away that book, and literally vomiting. The same when I read The Kite Runner. I hate these books until now, and I'm pretty sure there are much better reading materials or books out there.

I never read Murakami Haruki again.

But this year is quite different. I planned to read on more fictions. I know I've changed. So many things changed me, so many people changed me. I've been exposed to various types of reading materials by now, so many different kind of movies, drama, anime, games. Things that I don't have idea that I will like, surprisingly made me an addict.

I remember trying to read 'The Odyssey' by Homer when I first bought it, but I couldn't bring myself to it. The book is too difficult for me I thought. It is true Greek mythology is really attract me, thus the reason why I bought the book at the first place, but I just can't read it. However, due to my lack of newest books, I started looking to the books that has been in my shelves that I haven't touch, and I saw that book, take it out, and start reading.

I was surprised.
I enjoyed the book to the core.

The Odysseus voyage too beautiful and the ending is great. I never thought that I will be so drawn into it, but I did anyway.

Few books after that, very recently I read Hanna Alkaf's 'The Weight of Our Sky' that have some brutality that I am quite reminded of my first Murakami Haruki. Yes, the one that made me vomit. 'The Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage'. People are quite surprised learning about my hatred towards this book, when I am readily open when reading Mein Kampf or The Communist Manifesto. They wonder how can a soul hate that book?

I do.

I read Japanese literature, and of course the name Natsume Soseki would come up. My most favourite of all. Keigo Higashino has a spot in my heart as well. I also appreciate the works by recent year Nobel laureate, Kazuo Ishiguro.

But I wonder again and again about Murakami Haruki.

After I finished 'The Weight of Our Sky' as my mind still at it, I decided to read on my current reading, 'Kafka on the Shore'.
To my surprised, I'm quite hooked to this book.

Well, I can't really said for long as I'm still far from the ending. But the feeling it gave me while reading this book isn't the same. I'm kind of enjoy this read.

It made me thinking. Is that my current state of mind have been more mature to see life as it is, to see that life is really not beautiful and we have to accept not everyone is kind. World is a messed up place. I learnt it early while watching Fate Series or even before that from my many readings.

A teacher once told me,
"Setiap usia meniti kematangan hidup kita."

Some people might think it differently. I used to think differently. I mean, being older doesn't make you wiser. That is what I used to think.

But I realised one huge mistake on my thought. Being older doesn't make you smarter, but each days of life you facing through, the experience, the pain, the burden, the happiness that you feel from one day to another, make you wiser. If you actually learnt from anything that happened to your life. I've been coming up with this thought for a while, but I can't prove it.

Until I hit the rock-bottom. The deepest and the hardest of my life at that.

Things that happened afterwards changed me hugely, and made me realised, about how mind functioning, and how one become more mature.

Experience truly is a great teacher of life, if we seek to learn.

When I read two books of Ustaz Hasrizal very recently, 'Seni Berfikir yang Hilang' and 'Setia dengan Kebenaran', people think I've been reading them for quite a speed. But books like those, I can't stop reading easily. My mind go wild and deep to my thought during reading words by words. I can't stop when I'm tired as my train of thought which is in process while reading will be disrupted. I keep reading and googling stuff for my better understanding, and keep linking things I read to books that I have read previously.

I think 'Seni Berfikir yang Hilang' affect my thinking a lot. I felt so messed up about myself. I thought I'm doing okay, but from then I realised, I am too far from it.

Ustaz Hasrizal once put in his Twitter,
"When writing, it explains more why this is how I think rather that this is how you should think. I don't write to change people's mind. No one can."

But from his writings, you know you have to do something about yourself too. Its correct that he doesn't write to show this is how you should think. But in some twisted way, while reading, and upon further reading on the net, you are some sort go reaching almost the same wavelength as he is. Maybe not too near even, maybe not the same at all, but you know you are already deeply affected by the words and the new knowledge, or even strengthen your knowledge in one issue.

And while reading Ustaz Hasrizal works, I easily brought back to 'Travelog Minda Tajdid' by Ustaz Asri, and even 'The Republic' by Plato, with some older books of Ustaz Hasrizal such as 'Menalar Makna Diri', 'Secangkir Teh Pengubat Letih' and 'Di Hamparan Shamrock Ku Seru Nama-mu', or even books by Richard Dawkins.

This is what amaze me always when it comes to Ustaz Hasrizal and Ustaz Asri. You can say, my mind shaped largely by the materials from these two important individuals.

The way I think, the way I look at things, and the way I am to process things changes substantially since I come across them, and they keep changing.

And I believe being static is not the answer. Being static is what destroying is us. Even in Virchow's Triad, so ever favourite questions of every Vascular Surgeon, of how thrombosis occurred. Three things;
1. Endothelial Injury - which later I learned pathologically, pharmacologically and in physics, explained well by our EP, Dr Khaldun.
2. Blood Hypercoagulability
3. Blood Stasis

Yes, blood stasis destroyed our vascular system.

Our life is like vascular system to our soul. If blood carry the most essential things in our life, oxygen to keep us living. What we do in life, making sure that our soul well nourished.

And our brain is the mastermind.

And the mastermind would be destroyed by stasis, just how a person having a stroke either by haemorrhage (bleeding), or more commonly due to blood clot that can occur in any cerebral artery or, even carotid artery.

So, we choose how we want to shape our mind, and how the process show our progress.




Comments